Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Habit of Reading

Konnichiwa!

Today we started our Social Work, I must say that it was quite tired. We shared some food with the people that we are going to teach them how to read and write. Every single Saturday we are going to have our "little school" at 2:00 p.m. I bet we will have an extraordinary time teaching. This experience makes me think and realize how blessed I am for being in school and learn how to read and write. In this opportunity I want to share with all of you guys about the importance and the perks of reading. Maybe you are not used to read but I want to give you some tips that helped me develop the reading habit. When you read, your brain develops your creativity.
     On the platform, reading
 When I was 14 years old I decided to read a book by my own. I read mystery books because that's what I enjoy. Here goes the 1st tip: READ things that you enjoy. I started by reading 5 pages a day until I made it until day 40. Here goes the 2nd tip: READ how much you can every day until day 40. I must say that reading after 40 days of doing something you acquire a habit. If you have problems with reading every single day then you should do this. I found out that my mind was wide open to receive ideas, projects, etc. There are many types of  books you can choose to read, for example: Arts, Fiction, Music, Mystery, Love, etc. Choose whichever you prefer. Make sure it's something you will want to continue reading. My grandma once told me that the smartest people are those who reads. You can learn different types of cultures by simply reading. You should have a book in your bookbag, trip baggage, bedroom and every place you can. Instead of watching TV you should read, instead of sleeping you should read. If you ask me, my favorites books are: The Bible, The Hunger Games, The Count of Monetcristo, The Outsiders, and the Scarlet Letter. I enjoy these books because all of them gives  you a desire of continue reading. I obtain my vocabulary from books that were written many years ago.
Gutenberg Bible 03
As I said before, we are teaching people that can't read and write and I want for them to acquire the reading habit because that way they will practice their skill of reading. I DEFINITELY recommend the Bible because in the Bible you can find a lot of History, action, mystery, love, etc. Here goes the 3rd Tip: READ the Bible.
I hope all of you guys have the reading habit. Share with all of us which are your favorite books. I bless you all in Jesus name.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment