Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Grandmother!

Hello Folks!
I’m very happy with the Lord’s mercy upon me. Everytime I have I’m seeking Him He is right there waiting for me with His arms wide open. You can see God EVERYWHERE! You can see Him in the beautiful flowers, in the bright sun, in the blue ocean; He is there.

In this opportunity I want to talk to you guys about a very special lady in my life. She is my hero and I loved her since I knew she was going to be part of my life. This lady is my grandmother (my mom’s mom). Her name is Concepción Rivera Sánchez. She lives in the city of El Progreso, Yoro here in Honduras. Every time you have the opportunity to have a conversation with her she will start talking to you about her life in the mountains and how was she treated when she was a child. When she was around 2 years-old, her biological mother took my grandma to her aunt’s house (she was giving my grandmother in adoption). She was living with her aunt for about 5 years, she enjoyed being there because the lady was very kind to her, she treated her as the queen she was. When she turned 7 years old, her biological mother stole my grandma while she was at the garden. She tells us that her biological mother was unkind and she didn’t love her at all. Sometimes I think she had moments in she preferred to kill herself instead of living with her mother. Many years passed and she turned 18 years old, she decided to come to “El Progreso” which in those times was one of biggest cities. She had 7 children here (the smallest child is my mom). Next year she is turning 90 years old! I’m very excited because she seems she has strength to keep going. All of her sons and daughters respect her and try to give her the best they can. My grandma is lovely, kind, hilarious, happy and enthusiastic.  

The Bible says that if you honor your parents then God will bless you and will give you long years. Even though my grandma’s parents weren’t the best she honored them in everything she could. I really appreciate and she definitely is an easy-going person. Sometimes she gets angry with us because we bother her a lot but after an hour she gives us chocolates. I hope she gets to live to 130 years!
So now you know a bit about my grandma, I hope you found it interesting.
Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment