Friday, November 15, 2013

Obedience

Hey Folks!

Today in my school the teachers were handing report cards. I have no idea how I did. I trust that all my effort given this Bimester will have its good results. I've learn to do things ahead of time. December's Holidays are getting closer and I'm already planning what is it that I'm going to do in those days. Some family from the U.S.A. will be coming to our house in December, they are missionaries who bring cloth, food, and gifts to poor children here in Honduras. Yesterday I had a very nice experience talking to some students from India via Skype and wishing them a happy "Children's day". It is quite amazing how all the world is connected! Today I want to share with you about the importance of being Obedient. Our Lord Jesus was obedient until He gave His last breath, but His award was tremendous! smile

When I was 10 years old I had to preach in my church something small. I remember I was looking a word to share, or an experience to tell when I had the bright idea of telling this people when I almost died because of being disobedient. I rembered I told the people that everything you do has a consequence, whether you do has a positive consequence or a negative consequence: The story I shared goes like this: "We went with my family to enjoy some time at a river, I remember that I couldn't swim at the time but I was still excited because we were going to swim. My dad told me not to get into deep waters because I couldn't swim, plus it was dangerous. I thought I was going to swim with no problem so I got into deep waters and, guess what, I was sinking and drowning! I felt my life was just passing by my face and believed that was my end. My oldest sister saved my life! My mom and dad talked to me and taught me that because I was disobedient I almost died. I must say that I learned this big lesson about obedience and I bet I won't ever forget it ever". I told the people that because of my disobedience I had a negative-consequence. I also told them about the perks of being obedient, and I used Jesus' example. Our Lord Jesus was super obedient, so at the end, He received a super-award! We should all be obedient to any authority, no matter what. God places authority in our life because He wants to form Obedience in our life. Obedience brings blessings to our life. You can practice obedience in your school by doing your homework, you can also practice it at work by doing what you have to do in the time your boss established, and of course you can practice it at home by following the advices your mom and dad tell you to do. Obedience requires Humbleness.  When you are obedient, it means that there is someone that has more authority than you have and this person is giving you a command. There is a command that we all have in commom that is: Love. The Bible tells us that we should love  others as God loves us. Our life-style should be based in following this precise command. I encourage you to take this challenge and have a life-style based in Obedience. 















QUESTION OF THE DAY: What's obedience for you?

I hope and believe you are having a great day. I bless all of you in Jesus' name and declare that the days that will come will be fantastic. Give a hug to a friend and share God's love. Change the World. 
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
:)

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Faddy...Great effort to recollect your childhood days..Your presentation is simple and catching...i liked your motto, "Change the world with God's Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. Roshini! We can learn so much from our childhood. :)

    ReplyDelete