Monday, October 21, 2013

Fears

Aloha!

How are you guys doing today? Hope you guys had an amazing weekend as I did. Yesterday I had a great day because I went with the folcloric dance-group to the Central Park in San Pedro Sula to do a performance. The event was called "Honduras seek for peace", and as the title says, we went to pray and ask God for Him to give the whole country peace. As you may know, San Pedro Sula is considered the most violent city in the whole world. Let me tell you that while people is talking bad about our country, the Lord is embracing our nation with so much love that soon Honduras is going to be called "The Land of God" where there is no violence and everyone loves God. I must sayy that I had a blast while we were there, we enjoyed every second that passed. At the beginning I was a bit scared because I didn't want to mess up the performance, even though I practiced and practiced the routine, I still was feeling a bit scared. Then I wondered the reason why I'm always scared when I'm about to perform. A lot of people we asking us if we could make another presentation somewhere else, and many were asking for pictures! This performance was for God so all the Glory should and IS for Him. After we were done, we went to the mall wearing the costume and everyone was wondering and asking where was the presentation "we were doing". It was crazy! But at the end, we all went home knowing that we pleased God and that He liked what we did.

Everything went fine, we all did a good job!


I started wondering where did my fear of performing came from. I remembered all my childhood and tried to find the point in history where I started having this fear. After thinking, I realized that my fear came from 10 years ago, when I was 6 years old. I was in my old school when there was this "show" we had to do in which we were supposed to be dressed as animals; my animal was a frog. My family made a weird costume of paper, and I didn't like it at all. When I was on the scenary, I rembered I was in shock and nervous (as the majority of the children feel when they are about to perform), we had to take the microphone and say a little phrase, so when my turn was, I had to jump and say my phrase and when I started jumping my kind of hat fall and everybody started to laugh. I felt so bad that I promised myself that I was not going to do any show ever in my life; a fear was formed in me. Years passed by and I still had that fear. When I met Jesus I knew that I didn't have to fear anything anymore so I started to reject every fear I had (fear to swim, fear to leave mom and dad, fear to EVERYTHING), I must say that for some reason the fear from doing a performance or doing show was quite hard to reject. In my school, Sunshine Christian Bilingual Institute, I learned that you don't have to fear anything because if God is with you, then what could stand against you? 
If you have any fear, try to remember your childhood and seek for the moment when your fear was formed. Remember, God is with you!

Fear Not: I Am With You | Isaiah 41:10

I  hope you guys can find and reject every fear you may have. I bless you all with all my heart.
Have a GREAT week!


No comments:

Post a Comment