Monday, December 22, 2014

I'm back!

Hey people!


I am doing something completely new - I am typing this post using my phone! It is quite amazing how technology gives us the perks of communication. My last post was 6 months ago (LONG TIME AGO). There are many things I would like to share with you guys but I don't think I will be able to finish. I graduated from High School in June, I went to Philadelphia, New York, New Jersey, Washington D.C, Atlantic City, Kansas City in August (I know, MANY places to visit just in 1 month but we actually did). Now that I'm out of school, I can truly appreciate English, as a language. Since my mother-tongue is Spanish, I have to practice more my non-native language, which in my case is English. Practice makes master. I have found myself trying to pronounce some words in English that were easily pronounced 8 months ago. I am doing everything I can to keep the good English. I have been watching movies, and TV shows only in English, that way I can keep the ability to understand what English-native speakers say. There is a VERY powerful tool I have found during this "process": READING. Since I was a child, I always loved reading. At home, we have TONS of books, but they are all in Spanish. I'm not saying books in Spanish are not good, but for my purposes, I needed to keep my English. Since last year, I have been reading books mostly in English. Books are the best sources to enrich our vocabulary! This year, I read a very famous "trilogy" (try to guess!). I became pretty addicted to those books. They are WONDERFUL! Bravo! Words can be, I mean, they are powerful! The story was great, but I noticed something else, the author managed a way to get in you, the feelings were no longer yours, the ideas were not yours. I hope more powerful writers can come up with such great writings!


Attitude has to do with the way you see life, with the way you think. First of all, we must know that we are not in "control" of our lives - God is. He knows what's the best for His sons and daughters. Through out these months, I have realized the way we are living, "our reality", is very related to our attitude. Everytime the sun rises, a new opportunity is being given to us. 😉


I hope you are all doing great!
Happy Monday.
Be extremely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment